A big welcome to our Nursery webpage!
Here you will find lots of information about our plans, important dates and activities coming up this term.
If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to speak with the Class Teacher
Latest School, Term Dates, Friends PTA, Nursery Events
- Arts Week26Jun2017
- Group of Year 5 and 6 children to City Pitch at City Hall28Jun2017
- Year 3 Jet Class Assembly29Jun2017
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- *Big Lunch 201730Jun2017
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Join Wendell Park Primary School for our annual Big Lunch 2017. The theme for 2017 is 'The Great Get Together' in memory of Jo Cox (MP) in celebration of her belief that we have more in common. Children and adults can dress with an African theme as part of our celebration of Arts Week - the theme of Tanzania.
- After school clubs finish03Jul2017
3:30 pm - 07 jul, 4:30 pm
- Kite Studios Art Nurture Group exhibition of work04Jul2017
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Year 2 Opal Class Assembly06Jul2017
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- *Sports Day (various times)06Jul2017
- *Art Gallery Opening06Jul2017
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Enabling Enterprise Week10Jul2017
- Pupils' reports to parents10Jul2017
- Choir Assembly13Jul2017
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- Coffee afternoon for all parents of children with special educational needs13Jul2017
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- *Friends Summer Fair14Jul2017
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Years 2 to 5 attending the World Para Athletics Championship17Jul2017
- Children meet their new class teachers19Jul2017
10:30 am - 11:30 am
- * The Wendell Park Proms19Jul2017
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- *Open Parents evening19Jul2017
3:45 pm - 6:30 pm
- Summer Term ends21Jul2017
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Summer break22Jul2017
Click to download:
Things to note
Drop off - Now the children are settled we are asking parents to say their goodbyes in the foyer outside of the classroom. It is important that the children become more independent when taking off their coats and finding their names.
Birthdays - we are a healthy school so are unable to accept cakes, however you are welcome to bring in nut-free healthy birthday treats.
Clothing - all children need an extra set of clothes to be kept on their peg in case of an accident. Please make sure everything is named.
Water Bottles - please make sure these are named and only contain water! No milk or fruit juice.
Lunches - please be assured that your child has eaten all or most of their lunch unless we specifically speak to you.
Health concerns - please click here to go to the Health Matters website where you can find health information and advice for children up to the age of 4.
Monday: Visit to the school Library and books changed
Tuesday : Cooking sessions with Ms Stewart
Thursday: Music session with a specialist teacher
Friday: Stay & Play
Outdoor learning Sessions
Star worker and Friend of the Week assembly
We love to recognise and celebrate the learning that happens at home. If your child does something at home that is amazing please note it down on a wow card and post it into the wow box in the classroom.
Each week two children's wow cards from each class will be randomly selected for a small prize.
This term our topic is called Let's go on a bug hunt
During our last term we will be learning all about the little creature in our gardens! We will be reading lots of stories about bugs, including some favourites - "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "The very busy spider".
During our final term the children will be taken in small groups with their class teacher to the park or our school pond for an outdoor learning session.
Stay & Play
Every Friday from 9am - 9.30am. Please come and join in your child's learning. This is an excellent opportunity to look at your child's learning journal, speak to other parents or catch up with the nursery staff.
Each week we will be learning to identify a new letter sound. We will be using a mixture of the Jolly Phonics programme as well as Read Write Inc which is inline with the rest of the school. Jolly Phonics uses songs to learn letter sounds whereas Read Write Inc uses mnemonics to help the children remember and learn to write.
m - as in mountain. "maise mountain mountain"
a - as in apple. "around the apple, down the leaf"
s - as in snake. "slither down the snake"
d - as in dinosaur, "around the dinosaur's bottom, up his tall neck, down to his feet"
t - as in tower, "down the tower, across the tower"
i - as in insect, "down the insect, dot for his head"
n - as in net, "down nobby, over his net"
p - as in pirate "down the plait and over his face"
g - as in girl, "around her face and give her a curl"
O - as in orange, "all around the orange"
C - as in caterpillar, "curl around the caterpillar"
k - as in kangaroo, "down the kangaroo's body, give him a tail and leg"
u - as in umbrella, "under the umbrella and draw the puddle"
b - as in boot, "down the laces and over the boot"
f - as in flower, "down the flower, down the stem, draw the leaves"
e - as in egg, "chop off the top, scoop out the egg"
Activities at home
Here are some suggestions to support our Topic learning,
- Go on your own bug hunt! What bugs can you find in the park?
- Now the weather is warmer why not be slightly adventurous and visit some different parks or wildlife centres with your child. We recommend - Hanwell Mini Zoo located in Hanwell Park for an affordable fun day out.
- Play the game "I Spy" using the letter sounds with your child. Now the children can identify initial sounds they enjoy playing this game in Nursery.