Next Graphite Class Assembly - Thursday 9th November 2017
Next Ruby Class Assembly - Thursday 7th December 2017
We're looking forward to all the exciting learning that will be taking place in Ruby and Graphite Class this year...! We have already become Rock Detectives, pizza makers and Cave Painters and there are lots more adventures to be had.
PE - Both classes will have PE on Tuesdays. Graphite Class also have PE on Mondays and Ruby Class on Wednesdays. Please ensure that your child brings appropriate clothing for these sessions (white, plain t-shirt, dark jogging bottoms or shorts, and sweatshirt) or they will not take part, which will mean missing a vital part of the curriculum. A letter needs to be written if a child is unable to participate in PE.
Homework - Children will be given a homework task each Friday based on the week’s learning. This will be due in every Wednesday. They will be marked and returned for Friday.
Spelling - They will also be given weekly spelling lists about a spelling rule and spelling tests will be on a Friday morning.
Reading - Children are also encouraged to read for at least 15 minutes every evening. Reading books are changed on Friday. Reading Records must be handed in with the Reading book so that we are able to keep a track of books which have been handed out and returned.
Water - Please remember it is important that your child brings water (not juice please) that they can drink during lessons, also this is one way to ensure that their brains are working to their full potential. Please make sure these are clearly labelled with their name.
Attendance - please try to ensure your child is lining up by 8.45am ready to come in when the bell rings at 8.50am.
Mondays - PE kits(Graphite)
Tuesdays - PE kits
Wednesdays - Homework to class teacher, PE Kits (Ruby)
Fridays - Spelling test and new spellings issued; times table test; homework returned; change reading books
Homework & Spellings
Please download this week's spellings:
- spelling w/c 27th November
- spelling w/c 20th November
- spelling w/c 13th November
- spelling w/c 6th November
- spellings w/c 16th October
- spellings w/c 25th September
- spellings w/c 9th October
Please download this week's homework :
- w/c 27th November English homework (Ruby)
- w/c 27th November Ruby maths = p. 114 & 115
- w/c 20th November English homework
- w/c 20th November Ruby maths = p. 29 & 30
- Autumn 2 project homework (optional)
- w/c 13th November maths h/w p. 29, 30 & 31
- w/c 13th November Ruby English homework
- English w/c 6th November and maths = pages 68 & 69
- w/c 16th October - no homework due to working so hard during Assessment Week :-)
- maths homework A w/c 9th October
- maths homework B w/c 9th October
- Graphite English homework A w/c 9th October
- Graphite English homework B w/c 9th October
- Graphite English homework C w/c 9th October
- Ruby English homework w/c 9th October
Our Autumn 2 project is ' How Our Earth is Changing'. Please see the curriculum newsletter for more information.
Our Autumn 2 topic is 'Light - Can you see me?'. Please see the curriculum newsletter for more information.