Teacher: Miss Victoria Williams
Teacher: Ms Chloe Harman
Year 3 Teaching Assistant: Ms Tina Batchelor
Year 3 Learning Support Teachers: Mrs Oun (Maths); Mr Jon Spencer (English)
Next Jet Class Assembly - Thursday 29th June 2017
Next Turquoise Class Assembly - Thursday 18th May 2017
Well done everyone for all your hard work this term. Happy Easter and have a wonderful holiday.
Please see the curriculum newsletter below to see what your child will be covering in Summer 1.
Latest School, Term Dates, Friends PTA, Year 3 Events
- Arts Week26Jun2017
- Group of Year 5 and 6 children to City Pitch at City Hall28Jun2017
- Year 3 Jet Class Assembly29Jun2017
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- *Big Lunch 201730Jun2017
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Join Wendell Park Primary School for our annual Big Lunch 2017. The theme for 2017 is 'The Great Get Together' in memory of Jo Cox (MP) in celebration of her belief that we have more in common. Children and adults can dress with an African theme as part of our celebration of Arts Week - the theme of Tanzania.
- After school clubs finish03Jul2017
3:30 pm - 07 jul, 4:30 pm
- Kite Studios Art Nurture Group exhibition of work04Jul2017
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Year 2 Opal Class Assembly06Jul2017
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- *Sports Day (various times)06Jul2017
- *Art Gallery Opening06Jul2017
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Enabling Enterprise Week10Jul2017
- Pupils' reports to parents10Jul2017
- Choir Assembly13Jul2017
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- Coffee afternoon for all parents of children with special educational needs13Jul2017
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- *Friends Summer Fair14Jul2017
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Years 2 to 5 attending the World Para Athletics Championship17Jul2017
- *Yr3 Certificate Assembly KS218Jul2017
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Children meet their new class teachers19Jul2017
10:30 am - 11:30 am
- * The Wendell Park Proms19Jul2017
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- *Open Parents evening19Jul2017
3:45 pm - 6:30 pm
- Year 3 Trip to Ruislip Lido20Jul2017
- Summer Term ends21Jul2017
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Summer break22Jul2017
Year 3 had a lots of fun playing rounders with Kenmont after a morning of P4C.
Year 3 curriculum newsletters
Click to download:
PE - Both classes will have PE on Mondays and Tuesdays. Please ensure that your child brings appropriate clothing for these sessions (white, plain t-shirt, dark jogging bottoms or shorts, and sweatshirt) or they will not take part, which will mean missing a vital part of the curriculum. A letter needs to be written if a child is unable to participate in PE.
Homework - Children will be given a homework task each Friday based on the week’s learning. This will be due in every Wednesday. They will be marked and returned for Friday.
Spelling - They will also be given weekly spelling lists about a spelling rule and spelling tests will be on a Friday morning.
Reading - Children are also encouraged to read for at least 15 minutes every evening. Reading books are changed on Mondays and Thursdays. Reading Records must be handed in with the Reading book so that we are able to keep a track of books which have been handed out and returned.
Water - Please remember it is important that your child brings water (not juice please) that they can drink during lessons, also this is one way to ensure that their brains are working to their full potential. Please make sure these are clearly labelled with their name.
Attendance - please try to ensure your child is lining up by 8.45am ready to come in when the bell rings at 8.50am.
Mondays - Change reading books; PE kits
Tuesdays - PE kits
Wednesdays - Homework to class teacher
Thursdays - Change reading books
Fridays - Spelling test and new spellings issued; times table test; homework returned
Homework & Spellings
Please download this week's homework due on:
- English homework - group A due in 30/11
- English homework - group B due in 30/11
- English homework - due in 11/01
- English homework - group A due in 17/05
- English homework - group B due in 17/05
- Maths homework in Maths homework book
- w/b 26th June - no homework. Children have worked very hard during assessment week!
Please download this week's spellings to be tested on:
Our Summer 2 project is 'How Other People Live'. Please see the curriculum newsletter for more information.
Our Summer 2 topic is 'Amazing Bodies'. Please see the curriculum newsletter for more information.