News & Diary
Latest School, Term Dates, Friends PTA, Nursery, Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6, Governors Events
- Summer break22Jul2017
- INSET Day31Aug2017
- First day of Autumn Term (Years 1 to 6)04Sep2017
- *Special Eid Assembly07Sep2017
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- Reception children start07Sep2017
- *Welcome back to Wendell event13Sep2017
3:45 pm - 4:30 pm @ Middle Floor Hall followed by classrooms
The 'Welcome back to Wendell' event will begin with a meeting with the senior leaders to discuss the vision for the school for the next three years. There will also be an introduction to the 'Mind Up' curriculum being introduced this year. Following on from the meeting with the senior leaders, parents are invited to go to their children's classes to speak to their new class teachers. At that meeting, you will find out more about the procedures in class (when reading books and homework are due in), information about the curriculum and special events being planned. This is also an excellent opportunity to ask your new class teacher any questions. We understand that some families need to attend more than one class so please feel free to move from class to class. The event will finish at 4:30pm.
- *Harvest Assemby28Sep2017
9:00 am - 9:30 am
We will be collecting produce for local charities - further information to follow.
- *Friends of Wendell Park 'Back to School' Disco29Sep2017
Timings to be confirmed
- Black History Month begins01Oct2017
- Thank you #GreenforGrenfell
A big thank you for all your donations
- Supporting children after a frightening event
An information pack to support teachers and parents when speaking to children following the tragic fire at Grenfell Tower and other similar incidents in the media.
- Online Safety
Advice from the Local Authority regarding online safety
- Celebrating a wonderful evening at the W Factor!
Children, parents, families, staff and special guests came together to celebrate another successful W Factor on Friday 24th March 2017
- Safety and Security
The following letter has been sent out to all parents today (Friday 24th March 2017)
- International Women's Day celebrated at Wendell Park
Wendell Park welcomed a host of inspirational women on Wednesday 8th March 2017.