Welcome to Year 1 - 2019-2020
Welcome to Autumn 1. Please take a look at our Curriculum Newsletter and Timetable below.
Latest School, Term Dates, Friends PTA, Year 1 Events
- * Harvest Assembly19Sep2019
9:00 am - 9:20 am
- * FOWP Coffee Morning20Sep2019
9:00 am - 10:00 am @ Family Centre (through the Reception playground)
All parents and carers are warmly invited to come to the Friends of Wendell Park coffee morning to meet the Senior Leadership Team and representatives from FOWP.
- * Meeting for Year 5 and 6 parents regarding transition to secondary school20Sep2019
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Year 5 and 6 parents are invited to attend a meeting regarding transition to secondary school. We will be welcoming Sam Lord, transition consultant, who will be explaining the application/admissions process and giving further information about the options parents have in terms of schools in the local area. Sam is an excellent source of information and will be happy to answer any questions you have following the meeting.
- Start of Black History Month (1st to 31st October)01Oct2019
- * Parent workshops for parents of children in Year 1 to Year 602Oct2019
3:45 pm - 4:30 pm @ Classrooms
Parents and carers of children in Years 1 to 6 are warmly invited to come to workshops which will be held in classrooms on Wednesday 2nd October from 3:45pm to 4:30pm. Teachers will be providing advice on how to support children with their learning at home - including some practical activities to get involved in! If you are unable to make the session, we will post all presentations on the relevant year group webpage.
- Multi Faith Week07Oct2019
- Individual school photographs10Oct2019
- * Year 4 Graphite Class Assembly (Black History Month)17Oct2019
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- End of Autumn 1st Half18Oct2019
2:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Half Term21Oct2019
- Start of Autumn Term 2nd Half28Oct2019
8:50 am - 8:50 am
- * Parents' evening (3:45pm to 5pm) **NOT YEAR 6**30Oct2019
3:45 pm - 5:00 pm
- * Parents' evening (3:45pm to 7pm)31Oct2019
3:45 pm - 7:00 pm
- Anti-Bullying Week11Nov2019
Please bring your reading books every day.
New spelling words sent home
PE (Aquamarine and Paua)
Homework book to be returned to school
Paua PE lesson
Aquamarine - PE
Homework book to be sent home
Your child's first homework task of the year will be sent out on Friday 13th September. The first week's homework will be maths and the following week will be English.
Spelling tests take place every Tuesday. New spellings will be sent home every Wednesday.
Please read with your child for at least 10 minutes every evening. Encourage your child to talk about the text and if possible, give them the opportunity to read aloud.