Next Sapphire Class Assembly - Wednesday 19th June 2019
Next Opal Class Assembly - n/a
Welcome to Year 2 - 2018-2019
Welcome back! Incredibly, we now find ourselves in final few weeks of the academic year! We hope that you enjoyed a relaxing half term break and are ready for the excitement of the next few weeks.
As ever, we have a busy half term ahead of us! Please do keep an eye on the website as it will be regularly updated with important information.
If you have a question please do not hesitate to contact your child's class teacher, and thank you for your continued support.
Latest School, Term Dates, Friends PTA, Year 2 Events
- School closed INSET day02Sep2019
- Start of Autumn Term 201903Sep2019
8:50 am - 8:50 am
- * Meeting for Year 5 and 6 parents regarding transition to secondary school20Sep2019
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Year 5 and 6 parents are invited to attend a meeting regarding transition to secondary school. We will be welcoming Sam Lord, transition consultant, who will be explaining the application/admissions process and giving further information about the options parents have in terms of schools in the local area. Sam is an excellent source of information and will be happy to answer any questions you have following the meeting.
- End of Autumn 1st Half18Oct2019
2:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Year 2 Curriculum Newsletters
Click on the links below to read all about what your child will be covering this half term.
- PE kit - Children will need to bring appropriate clothing for these sessions (in a separate bag to their book bags) – a plain white t-shirt, dark grey/ black long jogging bottoms or shorts, and black trainers. Please make sure that all uniform and PE kits are clearly named!
- Children will be given homework on a regular basis on Friday which should completed and handed in by the following Wednesday.
- They will also be given spellings on Tuesday to learn each week. Please help them to do these in time for our spelling test on the following Monday.
- Children are also encouraged to read for at least 15 minutes every evening.
- Water bottles - Finally, please remember it is important that your child brings water to drink during the day; this is one way to ensure that their brains are working to their full potential. Water is not available in the Year 2 classrooms and your child is unable to go out of class to get water from elsewhere.
Monday - Spelling test
Tuesday - New spelling words sent home
Opal and Sapphire - PE lesson
Wednesday - Homework books to be returned to school
Opal and Sapphire - PE lesson
Thursday - Reading books to be signed and returned to school
Friday - Homework books to be sent home
Reading books to be changed and sent home
Weekly Timetable - Summer 2
Please click on the links below to access your child's homework for this week. A reminder that both homework books are due back in school on Wednesday 19th June 2019.
Spelling tests take place every Monday.
Children are encouraged to read for at least 15 minutes every evening. Please try to ask your child questions about what they have read and if possible, give them an opportunity to read aloud.