Latest School, Term Dates, Friends PTA, Year 5 Events
- * Harvest Assembly19Sep2019
9:00 am - 9:20 am
- * FOWP Coffee Morning20Sep2019
9:00 am - 10:00 am @ Family Centre (through the Reception playground)
All parents and carers are warmly invited to come to the Friends of Wendell Park coffee morning to meet the Senior Leadership Team and representatives from FOWP.
- * Meeting for Year 5 and 6 parents regarding transition to secondary school20Sep2019
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Year 5 and 6 parents are invited to attend a meeting regarding transition to secondary school. We will be welcoming Sam Lord, transition consultant, who will be explaining the application/admissions process and giving further information about the options parents have in terms of schools in the local area. Sam is an excellent source of information and will be happy to answer any questions you have following the meeting.
- Start of Black History Month (1st to 31st October)01Oct2019
- * Parent workshops for parents of children in Year 1 to Year 602Oct2019
3:45 pm - 4:30 pm @ Classrooms
Parents and carers of children in Years 1 to 6 are warmly invited to come to workshops which will be held in classrooms on Wednesday 2nd October from 3:45pm to 4:30pm. Teachers will be providing advice on how to support children with their learning at home - including some practical activities to get involved in! If you are unable to make the session, we will post all presentations on the relevant year group webpage.
- Multi Faith Week07Oct2019
- Individual school photographs10Oct2019
- * Year 4 Graphite Class Assembly (Black History Month)17Oct2019
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- End of Autumn 1st Half18Oct2019
2:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Half Term21Oct2019
- Start of Autumn Term 2nd Half28Oct2019
8:50 am - 8:50 am
- * Parents' evening (3:45pm to 5pm) **NOT YEAR 6**30Oct2019
3:45 pm - 5:00 pm
- * Parents' evening (3:45pm to 7pm)31Oct2019
3:45 pm - 7:00 pm
- Anti-Bullying Week11Nov2019
** 'Transition to secondary school' meeting for Year 5 and 6 parents confirmed for 9am on Friday 20th September 2019 with Sam Lord, transition consultant**
Meet the Teacher PowerPoint [Will be updated after Friday 13th September 2019]
PE will take place on Mondays and Thursdays. Please make sure you bring correct PE kit: White top, black joggers/leggings/shorts, and black trainers/plimsolls.
We encourage you to bring bottles of water to school- your brain is 80% water so needs it to maximise its function.
Monday - P.E. kits
Tuesday - return / change library books
Wednesday - homework due
Thursday - P.E. kits
Friday - Golden Time
bring in reading books to be changed
new homework set
We expect Year 5 children to change their own reading books as often as possible, bringing their reading records in to school frequently to be checked by the class teacher. We encourage you to read as much as you can- at least 20 minutes every day!
Click here for an amazing list of reading books that we recommend reading for year 5!
You can also visit the Book Trust here and search for your own reading book based on your interests. Enjoy!